Solar energy systems include PV panels and inverters. Traditional string inverters have a number of significant drawbacks. SolarEdge DC optimized inverters overcome these traditional concerns to offer more energy, better maintenance, and enhanced safety.
The SolarEdge power optimizer is a DC/DC converter which is connected by installers to each PV module or embedded by module manufacturers, replacing the traditional solar junction box. The SolarEdge power optimizers increase energy output from PV systems by constantly tracking the maximum power point (MPPT) of each module individually. Furthermore, the power optimizers monitor the performance of each module and communicate performance data to the SolarEdge monitoring portal for enhanced, cost-effective module-level maintenance. Each power optimizer is equipped with the unique SafeDC™ feature which is designed to automatically shut down modules' DC voltage whenever the inverter or grid power is shut down (unless connected to a StorEdge Inverter that is in backup mode).
The MPPT per module allows for flexible installation design with multiple orientations, tilts and module types in the same string. When working with SolarEdge Inverters, SolarEdge power optimizers automatically maintain a fixed string voltage, allowing installers even greater flexibility with longer strings and strings of different lengths in order to design optimal PV systems. The SolarEdge power optimizers are compatible with c-Si and thin-film modules and have a 25 year warranty.
The SolarEdge PV inverter combines sophisticated digital control technology with efficient power conversion architecture to achieve superior solar power harvesting and best-in-class reliability.
A proprietary data monitoring receiver has been integrated into the single phase solar inverter and aggregates the power optimizer performance data from each PV module. This data can be transmitted to the web and accessed via the SolarEdge monitoring platform for performance analysis, fault detection and troubleshooting of PV systems.
The single phase inverter comes with a built-in DC safety switch, integrated rapid shutdown and a standard 12-year warranty.
Single Phase Inverter Feature Highlights:
- Solar inverters specifically designed to work with power optimizers
- Superior efficiency
- Excellent reliability with standard 12-year warranty (extendable to 20 or 25 years)
- Small, lightweight and easy to install
- Built-in module-level monitoring receiver
- Internet connection through Ethernet or Wireless (Wi-Fi, ZigBee Gateway, Cellular)
- Optional cellular connectivity
- IP65 / NEMA 3R – Outdoor and indoor installation
- Integrated arc fault protection and rapid shutdown for NEC 2014 and 2017 690.11 and 690.12
- Optional integrated revenue grade data, ANSI C12.20
- All inverters are UL1741 SA certified, for CPUC Rule 21 grid compliance
StorEdge™ Products for On-grid Applications & Backup Power
SolarEdge’s StorEdge™ storage solution automatically provides homeowners with backup power in case of grid interruption, and allows home owners to maximize self-consumption and to enable energy independence.
The SolarEdge StoreEdge™ solution is compatible with the LG Chem RESU 10H battery.
The StorEdge™ solution for on-grid applications and backup power is based on the following products:
Single Phase Inverter for On-grid Storage and Backup Power
The SolarEdge single phase inverter for on-grid applications and backup power manages the battery and the system energy, in addition to its traditional functionality as a DC-optimized PV inverter.
- Backup Power - inverter includes the hardware required for automatic backup power for backed-up loads in case of grid interruption
- On-grid Applications - maximizes self-consumption through export limit feature and time of use shifts for reduced electric bills
- Simple Design and Installation - single inverter for PV, on-grid storage, and backup power
- Enhanced Safety - designed to eliminate high voltage and current during installation, maintenance, and firefighting
- Full Visibility - built-in monitoring of battery status, PV production, remaining backup power, and self-consumption data
- Easy Maintenance - remote access to inverter software