TriStar MPPT Professional Series
Morningstar’s TriStar MPPT solar controller with TrakStar Technology™ is an advanced maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems up to 3kW.
Model Numbers: TS-MPPT-60M, TS-MPPT-60, TS-MPPT-45, TS-MPPT-30
Key Features and Benefits
- Maximizes Energy Harvest
- Extremely High Reliability
- Very High Efficiency
- Extensive Networking and Communication Capabilities
- Metering and Data Logging
- Certified to IEC 62093
TriStar MPPT 600V Professional Series
Morningstar’s TriStar MPPT 600V charge controller leverages Morningstar’s innovative TrakStar™ MPPT technology and our 20+ years of power electronics engineering excellence, to enable the widest input operating voltage range available from a solar array, wind turbine or hydro input. This controller’s standard and DB versions are for off-grid applications, and the TR versions were developed to enable retrofitting grid-tied systems with battery backup:
TS-MPPT-60-600V-48-DB (With Disconnect Box)
TS-MPPT-60-600V-48-DB-TR (With DC Transfer Switch)
TS-MPPT-60-600V-48-DB-TR-GFPD (Pre-wired with Ground Fault Protection Device)
Rated for 60 Amps, the TriStar MPPT 600V controller does much more than efficiently charge batteries; it also provides remote communications, data logging, adjustability and metering. In fact, the TriStar MPPT 600V controller is the only 600-volt PV controller to offer open communication protocols and true Ethernet-enabled functionality.
Key Features & Benefits
The TriStar MPPT 600V charge controller delivers high reliability and excellent performance and features:
- 97.9% peak efficiency.
- Morningstar’s advanced 4-stage charging algorithm to optimize battery health
- Robust thermal, mechanical and electrical design
- Environmentally optimized and equipped with extensive electronic protections
- Industry standard open communication protocols and interfaces for system networking, monitoring and communications
- Superior lightning protection from nearby lightning-induced voltage/current spikes
The TriStar MPPT 600V charge controller’s high voltage capability and flexible design enable several application scenarios including:
- Adding modules incrementally with no string sizing issues
- Off-grid PV systems greater than 150 Voc with long wire runs from the array to the controller
- New installation grid-tie PV systems with battery back-up
- Retrofitting string PV inverter systems to later add battery back-up without changing the PV array configuration
- Battery-based Wind systems
- Water pumping applications
ProStar MPPT Professional Series
The ProStar MPPT™ is a mid-range MPPT solar charge controller with TrakStar Technology™ that provides maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charging for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems up to 1100 watts. Available with and without advanced built-in meter. This device is ideal for industrial and residential applications. A Wire Box accessory to reduce hazards associated with exposed wires and connections can be purchased separately.
Model Numbers: PS-MPPT-25, PS-MPPT-25M, PS-MPPT-40, PS-MPPT-40M
Key Features and Benefits
- Load and automatic PV-based lighting control
- Charges all battery types including Lithium Ion
- Continuous charging and no damage from PV array oversizing
- Up to 256 days of data logging
- Built-in self diagnostics
- Highly durable polycarbonate case
- Low noise design
- MODBUS communications
- Meter allows charging and temperature control adjustments without a computer
TriStar Professional Series
Morningstar’s TriStar™ is a three-function controller that provides reliable solar battery charging, load control or diversion regulation. It is rated at 45 or 60 amps, both at 12-48 volts, and has an optional meter, remote meter and remote temperature sensor.
Model Numbers: TS-60M, TS-60, TS-45
SunSaver Professional Series
Morningstar’s SunSaver™ is the world’s leading small solar charge controller for professional and consumer applications. This device includes a combination of features and capabilities not found in other small PV controllers. It is rated for Hazardous Locations – Class 1, Division 2 Groups A-D, making it the preferred choice for Oil & Gas applications.
Model Numbers: SS-10L-24V, SS-10L-12V, SS-6-12V, SS-6L-12V, SS-20L-12V, SS-10-12V, SS-20L-24V
SunSaver Duo Professional Series
Morningstar SunSaver Duo ™ is an advanced PWM two battery controller for RVs, caravans, boats and cottages. Designed for 25 amps at 12 volts DC, at the same time calculate this product of two separate batteries and isolated as a “house” and an engine battery, based on user selectable priorities. This controller also includes a backlit remote meter which may be mounted in or on a wall, and displays digital image and status information about the solar power system.
Model numbers: SSD-25RM, SSD-25
SunLight Professional Series
Morningstar’s SunLight™ solar lighting controller combines the SunSaver design with an advanced microcontroller for automatic lighting control functions.
Four Versions Available:
• 12 Volt: 10 and 20 amp ratings
• 24 Volt: 10 and 20 amp ratings
Model Numbers: SL-10L-24V, SL-10L-12V, SL-20L-24V, SL-20L-12V